Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A successful sidewalk sale

Last weekend, Ideal Pet Stop, Penny's home away from home, had a sidewalk sale to get rid of stuff that had been cluttering the back room. Penny and I helped out!

The weather on Saturday was unpredictable. Like so many spring days this year, it rained. We stayed inside, sorting the sidewalk sale items into boxes for birds, reptiles, small animals, cats, and dogs. The best easy deal was a $5 retractable leash. If you had time to rummage through a box, you could find a $5 leash or collar. There were great deals in that box: original prices ranged from $15 - 55.

Today, Kirstin gave me my portion of the sale: $545. We are so close to meeting the goal of $23oo for her second surgery. We may do another sale or I might have a bake sale.

I wouldn't mind if we earned a bit more than $2300. It would be lovely for Penny to have a few aquatherapy sessions.

No comments: