Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Busy week for Penny

We've had a busy week. We spent the last week in MT.

I painted my parents' hallway, stairway (Dad helped), living room and dining room while Penny lay close to me or wandered into various rooms looking for some pets. Mom made Penny her favorite meal (rice, turkey, cottage cheese) every day and got me a latte every day. I first moved furniture, wiped down walls, spackled (Dad did), cut in the corners, and finally painted. Whew.

Penny got to go outside every few hours. My parents have a backyard that has three sides of fencing, and Penny quickly learned to stay in that area. We played ball (she has lost her retrieving abilities), chase, and she rolled on her back with her feet in the area. Penny even got to go visiting my uncle Lew and aunt 'Vina. Elvina asked that she stay on her own little carpet, but Penny really wandered to explore the old house.

I think Penny liked having more people around. I think she was disappointed to leave.

But leave we did. We drive through 102 degree weather, thunderstorms, and a rain gush to get home. Actually, we stopped outside Cle Elum when my windshield wipers couldn't keep up with the rain. We stopped at a rest area and listened to the rain, wind, and thunder, grabbing a little shut eye. We arrived home at 2:30 this morning,

And today is another big day for her: we got up at 8 and went to Animal Critical Care and Emergency Services for her 2nd surgery. I am waiting for the after surgery phone call now.

No comments: