Sunday, April 6, 2008

The measure of success



We made close to $400 at Penny's bake sale yesterday. Items sold included:

  • My cards (I only had 6 and they all sold)

  • Rice Crispie treats (both Heather and Kirstin made them)

  • Turtle brownies (Heather made)

  • Molasses Ginger cookies

  • Triple fudge brownies

  • Chocolate chip cookies (Kris made)

  • Sugar cookies

  • Peanut butter cookies (Rox made)

  • Book Bracelets (Rox made)

  • Dog biscuits (Larry made)

  • Lemon bars

I am sure I am forgetting something so let me know if I forgot something. I also made snickerdoodles but I forgot them in the freezer. More for next time!

It was lovely seeing all the support of my friends and the community. I appreciate the people who bought one or two cookies, to those who bought many more. One women, whom I had never seen before, donated $60 and bought cards and bake sale items. Amazing generosity. We will keep selling raffle tickets through next week.

Carina, from Animals First Foundation, put an announcement on her web site and because of that, we got an amazing donation for the raffle of either 3 doggie day care days or a long weekend stay at Happy Hound Hotel. Thank you, Linda!

Other prizes include a gift certificate to a bookstore in Rainer Valley, a necklace/earrings set from a very talented local designer, a pet portrait from me, a gift certificate for dinner, free food and toys for cats and/or dogs.

And, I only had one night where I got 5 hours of sleep. That's great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.