Saturday, March 29, 2008

Another bake sale/raffle

The one improvement I see in Penny's movements is that it's easier for her to get up now than it was immediately after the surgery. When she gets up, she still limps heavily on her operated leg. Once she's been up, she starts using it a little. Her gait is funny. Her operated on leg looks bow legged and her other operated on leg looks pigeon toed. I hope that's progress.

We need to start thinking about raising more funds for her next surgery. I sent out an email request for baked items for another raffle/bake sale for Penny. It will be next Saturday from 11am-4 at Ideal Pet Stop (on Wilson, across from PCC). There will be lots of cookies, lemon bars, brownies, and hopefully some rice krispie treats. I've made krispie treats once and it wasn't fun. The marshmellow stuck everywhere -- I couldn't get the mixture to be flat in the cake pan. I know they're big sellers so I want to have them, but I was hoping that someone else would make the rice crispie treats.

Current baked items will include:
chocolate chip cookies
oatmeal cookies
ginger molasses cookies
oatmeal raisin cookies
turtle brownies
sugar cookies

There will also be book bracelets and cards.

The raffle includes:
dinner certificate
a book certificate
pet supplies
jewelry

Let me know if you have suggestions for the bake sale and/or want to donate to the raffle.

Thanks.

No comments: