Friday, March 21, 2008

Conehead

Penny was licking her front paw on Monday evening. Rick had picked her up. Her paw was all raw from where she had been licking. I thought I could see a little puncture, but I wasn't sure.

Horace also was limping. So I took them to the vet. Horace has a little puncture, most probably from Gustof (an ongoing feud at my house... know of anyone who wants a black cat who may have asthma?) , so he has oral antibiotics. Penny has a little puncture, probably from a thorn or something. She has topical antibiotics and has to wear a cone.

She is so uncoordinated with the cone. She'll get stuck and will make no effort no move her head so that she can move again. She just stands there. I don't know whether she's being stubborn or whether she thinks that I'm am going to help her. She refuses to get in the car with the cone. She refuses to try to drink water with the cone. She walks slowly, despondently, with the cone.

But when I take the cone off, she starts licking again.

No comments: