Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sneaking upstairs

Penny is not supposed to walk up stairs. She's not supposed to jump up or use her knee for pushing for the next 8 weeks. Maybe more. Dr. Walker says that because Penny has to climb upstairs to enter our house, she'd rather that Penny not climb upstairs for bedtime for the next 8 weeks.

So, I was really aggravated at myself and the world around me when Penny walked upstairs last night. I had gone upstairs to help Rox clean out a wound where her skin had cracked and thought that Penny was occupied with a bully stick. But, a few minutes later, I saw her stick her nose in the bathroom.

I didn't know whether I should have ordered her downstairs immediately or whether I should pull out her bed from beneath the bed, fluff it up, and have her lie down on it. I decided that she should lie down and that's where she stayed for the next 8 hours. I got to sleep on my bed for the first time in a week, too.

Woke up to Gustof fighting with Graham at 6 am. but that's beyond the scope of this blog....

No comments: