Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Waking up to a gagging girl

I feel like a nervous mother. I am a nervous mother. Penny woke me up this morning with some gagging or coughing sounds. Oh, oh, I thought, I wonder of it's the rimadyl. But, I also realized that she had more treats than usual yesterday, especially peanut butter, which were a gift from Sophia, a cute pit whose mom comes to Ideal for treats and food.

When I got up about a half an hour later, I called Animal Critical Care and Emergency Services.

The woman who answered the phone told me that they don't worry if it is just one bout of vomiting. They want to hear about it if it occurs again. Of course it doesn't help that I think her tongue is paler than usual and that she's less energetic than usual. (But, I'd be less energetic if I had an upset tummy.)

I am planning to check in on her about 3. I have a doctor's appointment at 1:30 and will stop by there. Hopefully, there will be nothing to report.

No comments: