Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Upper body strength prevents fall

Penny has been using a ramp that Rick built to go up the back stairs. The last few days she's stopped midway up. I don't know what has caused her stopping. It may be the creaking that it does. I haven't figured out how her brains work.

Last night, she stopped and looked at Albro who was meowing next to the porch. Albro leaped onto the porch and we both looked at her. The next thing I know, Penny is hanging off the ramp, and straining to get back on the ramp. I couldn't move to help her because it would have taken too long to get around the ramp. I held on tight to the leash and encouraged her. She made it!

But, she limped even worse. She held her leg extremely high. I looked at the leg and I didn't see any damage, but who knows? She could have hit something. She could have strained her tendon even further...

I am worried about her. I don't know whether to take her to the vet or to my vet. I did give her anti-inflammatories and am hoping she'll be all right. I guess if she's worse tonight, I'll take her to her vet.

No comments: