Thursday, September 25, 2008

In for a Penny, In for a pound


Penny is home from ACCES. Dr. Walker cleaned out her leg and restitched her back up. I received a bill of $580.


She was a little woozy when I picked her up. She didn't know where she was and I had to struggle to keep her moving. She stood still even when I pulled her collar. Especially when I pulled her collar. I think she was confused, not obstinate.


See her big white and blue bandage. This too may impede her walking. They told me to put a plastic bag on it when she goes outside, but they didn't give me a bag for it when I took her out to the car. So it's a little dirty -- and ragged already. It needs to be kept on til Monday. She has an appointment on Wednesday, so I may try to keep it on until then.


I did order an inflatable donut that goes around her neck from Ideal so that she won't lick her leg. Hopefully it will come in tomorrow. Otherwise, I'll call around.
Dr. Walker warned me that she'd be whining a lot tonight. And she is. It's heart wrenching.


No comments: