Thursday, September 25, 2008

Penny back on the surgeon's table again

Penny has not been weight bearing the past few days. At Rick's urging, I called the vet, who wanted to see her right away. I left work at 12:30 for an appointment at 2. Dr. Walker gave me 2 antibiotics -- Baytril and amoxicillin to knock out the infection that she now knows is there. She also took a culture.

Because her tummy has been upset when she's been antibiotics or pain meds, I asked for something other than Rimadyl to manage the pain. My vet, Dr. Heino, prescribed Zubrin when she needed pain meds and had projectile diarrhea during the first surgery. ACCES did not have Zubrin. So, I stopped by my vet's for pain pills. They weren't carrying Zubrin. I got another pain pill and headed home, instead of going back to work because it was already close to 5.

This morning, Dr. Walker called. She wants to reexamine the bone. Luckily, Penny hadn't eaten. I did give her pain meds and the two antibiotics. And now, I'm running to get ready so that I can drop her off before work.

No comments: