Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day

Last night I went to the bank and transferred money from Penny's account to my account. That's $2600! Thanks everyone.

Last night, Penny refused her pain medication. I tried smothering it in cream cheese, canned food, and her treats. No go. She wouldn't touch any portion that had the medication inside. But this morning, she ate her new anti-inflammatory without any wrapping. That's great. It makes things easier for both me and her.

Tomorrow, I drop Penny off before 8 am at Animal Critical Care and Emergency Services. When I drop her off, I'll ask when I can call to find out how surgery went. I will make sure to update the blog as soon as I know.

She will be spending the night because the surgeon cuts her bones. She will be heavily medicated and will need to be watched. I plan to pick her up after work on Friday. Hopefully, she will be able to walk. Otherwise, I'll have Rick and/or Kirsten meet me and we will help her in then.

I am getting ahead of myself. Keep sending those good wishes to Penny.